Let me preface this with the fact that I have no idea where exactly and when exactly we are going on our Donkey Trek. So the plans are in the making. However, here is what I do know:
1. We will be touring through the State of Colorado.
2. We will begin Spring 2015–as we see what the winter and spring look like weather-wise we will make a clear determination of start date.
3. We will be packing two donkeys at a time. So every third day each donkey will get a day “off” where they only carry the lightweight riding saddle. We do not plan to ride much of the trip, however bringing the saddle gives us the option of riding if one of us is injured and needs to get to safety.
4. Our mission is twofold: Advocacy for donkeys and donkey welfare, and advocacy for equine-assisted therapies for Veterans.
5. We have a LOT of work and planning yet to do!